Sunday 13 March 2011

**Gift Time** with Estee Lauder

Darn, those marketing people at Estee Lauder really know how to reel me in! I get the feeling it is not just me that feels the need to purchase two (or more!) items that I completely didn’t need just to get the free gift with bonus time. LancĂ´me, Clinique, Dior… whenever I see that lovely gift bag stuffed with tissue paper and miniature sized products I start to mooch around the counter to find the cheapest two products but I always end up spending a small fortune!
Alas, this time round it was the Estee Lauder counter and low and behold I am now the proud owner of the following products... and the bag of free goodies that are currently hiding at the back of the wardrobe *shame buys*
Advanced Night Repair Eye

This product was recommended to me by the sales assistant, a nice lady who had obviously been trained very well (she had me sold!) Although I’m (only) 27 years young, it’s said to reduce signs of aging around the fragile eye area as well as fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, dryness and uneven skin tone.
I’m lucky to have been given my mother’s genes as my skin is generally very good and healthy, but just recently I have been darker under the eyes. Perhaps it’s my stressful job or more likely the extra partying I have been doing. Either way I decided I must have this product (and drink more water).
It comes in a little brown reinforced plastic pot with a spatula and reminds me more of a pharmaceutical product than a lux eye cream; perhaps this is to give it a credible science feel? It has a gel like consistency and is really cooling when applied to the eye bone, which I liked. It did instantly brighten this area and felt hydrated. The smell of the product is indescribable, it’s not unpleasant yet it isn’t nice either, again I think that this adds to the scientific value. So far I am enjoying this product, but at £35 for 15mls it doesn’t come cheap, I will need to check out the results in a few weeks to see if it lives up to its objectives and is worth the money.
Keeping in theme with the eye area a purchased the Double Wear Stay-in-place concealer in 02 light medium. It comes in a 7ml tube with sponge tip applicator and contains an SPF 10.  I usually just use Dior Skin Flash in 03 under my eyes to illuminate, but these dark circles under my eyes needed some serious war paint. The choice of colour was a great match and the coverage was second to none, but I did find that the product sat on the skin and creased which was not a good look. It lasted my full working day, so perhaps I will experiment with the application to see if I can eliminate the creasing in future. Note to self *get some sleep* then I won’t need to spend £18.50 on a heavy concealer!
Okey Dokey, now onto the bonus part!!
Here’s the free gift I received, we’ll forget that I spent £53.50 to ‘receive’ it eek!


I got a lovely purple croc effect makeup bag, containing;
15ml Day Wear Plus   (I love this cream soooo much, it smells divine)
7ml Idealist, Pore Minimizing Skin Refiner – I will be buying this it is amazing used over my nose and cheeks
Double ended 2.8ml Lash Primer Plus/2.8ml Double Wear Mascara 01 Black – I’ve not used this yet as I physically cannot open more than 3 mascaras at a time, hygiene freak and I don’t like wastage.. Yep I’m strange.
50ml Perfectly Clean splash away foaming cleanser – Saving this for my hols, it’s the perfect size
50ml Perfectly Clean fresh balancing toner
And finally my favourite freebie award goes to dun dun duuun
Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in 18 Bois De Rose – It’s a warm pinky red with shine that compliments my skin tone really well. It smell so good I want to lick it all off and is extremely moisturising.


No comments:

Post a Comment