Sunday 22 May 2011

Thread-Bare: My Eyebrow Threading Experience!

Image taken from chicklitplus.com

On Friday I had my second eyebrow threading session, so I thought I would divulge my thoughts on this 'procedure'. As I am a little obsessive with my beastly little brows (well they do frame the windows of your face!) I am always on the look out for new products to use and which grooming methods to take and have been known to go a little crazy with the tweezers. This unfortunately has left my brows growing in an annoying pattern which needs constant maintenance, so I decided to try out threading to tame my brows into a nice manageable shape.

Threading is a hair removal method which originated in the Eastern world. It involves the technique of using a pure, thin, twisted thread of cotton which is rolled over untidy hair and removed at the follicle level. It is especially great as it can remove an entire row of hair which leaves the brows even and tidier. Waxing can not be this precise and sometimes leaves strays, while plucking takes more time with only a single hair being taken at time. The only major downside is that I find threading the most painful method, and my eyes have been known to water during the treatment... but hey pain is beauty!

The first time I had my eyebrows threaded I was really pleased with the results and knew immediately that I would be returning to have them done again. On the negative side it was rather embarrassing as it is done in a shopping centre in front of shoppers and passers by at the Victoria Brow Bar in St Helens, Merseyside. The lady there was nice and efficient, but there's not much conversation and zero privacy. At £9.00 I thought this very reasonable and you also receive a loyalty card were you receive a free session after 6 paying sessions.
I was annoyed when a few strays started to sprout a few days later, but this I was willing to take the blame for as I'm so impulsive with my tweezerman's! I decided for my second session I would wait until they had totally grown back so that I would only need to have them threaded every few weeks minus the strays! So, cue the monobrow and the freakishly close resemblance to my brother... and I'm ready to pay a visit to eyebrow hell!

I don't particularly wish to put the pictures of my beastly brows on my blog, but I am so pleased with the results and in order for you to see the results it is necessary, so apologies for the gross images :(


Right Brow: BEFORE
Right Brow: AFTER
Left Brow: BEFORE
Left Brow: AFTER

 Hopefully, leaving them to grow back will have been worth it and I should need less maintenance in future. I thought I'd give a quick little mention to the perfect brow crayon that I'm using at the moment which is incredibly easy to use and is totally affordable...

No7 Precision Brow Pencil


The No7 Precision Brow Pencil from Boots is only £10.25, is easy to apply due to its angled shape and lasts ages! It's currently on 3 for 2 across a wide range of products and you get Boots reward points too... extra bonus! I use lots of different brow products from powder to pencil, but I always return to this product which was recommended to me by my sister-in-law, because it is so fabulous... thanks Twisty!

Jen xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Using only pure cotton they will twist and roll the thread plucking those eyebrow hairs down to follicle level. This method of eyebrow threading is a lot quicker and a lot less painful that having to use tweezers, shaping is also a lot better.

    Don’t become one of the horror stories by going to an untrained practitioner, come beatybyamra where all our Liverpool eyebrow threading beauticians are fully trained in this delicate art. Although the treatment is known as eyebrow threading, the process is fantastic for removing hair from the upper lip, leaving a smooth sheer finish.

    Many ladies and even gentlemen come to beatybyamra for their eyebrow threading treatments because they know that we are the best place around if you are looking for tidy straight line eyebrow threading.

    With precise control our eyebrow threading Liverpool technicians will perfectly sculpt wonderful, neat and symmetrical eyebrows that will give your eyes and face a more youthful look. The areas that have been threaded will settle down in a very short time leaving a shape that looks natural no matter how close someone gets.

    Eyebrow Threading in Liverpool

    ReplyDelete