Sunday 15 May 2011

My Poor IPhone is re-born!

Hi! Just a quick little post regarding my beloved IPhone. Whist I was on holiday I broke the screen, which I believe is quite a common fault. I really was gutted as I've had it for a while and taken good care of my little pal that completely organises my life *drama*.

OOhhhppps!!!!!

Well, I thought I would quickly share with you that after careful IPhone surgery it is as good as new and if you have the same problem then this should hopefully point you in the right direction of what you need to do for a fraction of the cost that some companies are charging to carry out the repairs (£40-£60!)



eBay £6.60 (make sure you buy a suction cup!)
First off I purchased a replacement screen from eBay for £6.60 (be sure you order the correct model mine is a 3GS) I actually got my brother to do the 'transplant' for me as he had done it before. I bought the wrong version which required using a hairdryer to melt the glue on the old screen to separate it from the phone, but you can buy complete units which cost approx. £13 on eBay, so it is probably better to buy this one.


The new screen

My bro carried out the repairs by following a video on YouTube which is created by the manufacturers of the replacement screen (info is on packaging) which took him a little while as I didn't supply a suction cup... so make sure you get one of these! Ensure you connect the three tabs at the top and press down firmly on the bottom one when the screen is placed back. If they are not the the home screen button and volume will not connect.



Ta-Da your screen is repaired and just for a small cost, mental note to self.... don't drunkenly mis-treat your phone in future!!


Thanks Bro! With the completed project.
Hope this helps

Jen
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment