Saturday 14 May 2011

Party like a Rock Star! CND Shellac Nails

Let me say I am a total convert! Move over nail polish you chip and as for Gel and Acrylic, you damage my nails, cost a fortune to maintain and prevent me from performing simple tasks like texting!
Whilst this has been around for a few years, its has been my first experience and I am loving Shellac nails!!

It goes on like a polish (setting with top coat and UV light) wears like a gel with a mirror finish, drys instantly, causes no nail damage AND can last up to 2 weeks!

I went to Escape Beauty and Nail Clinic in Rainhill, Merseyside and opted for the fabulous Rock Star range in Bronze. It was on offer for the month of April for £19.00 (usually £24.00) and the girls there were very knowledgeable, talented and lovely! The Rock Star is slightly different in that you have actual glitter sprinkled onto each of your nails (how fun and 5 year old is that!) but the Shellac top coat and UV light makes harden so that it is glossy and smooth to the touch. A mini manicure is performed prior to treatment including all cuticle work and took approx 40 minutes. FYI: http://www.escapebeautyandnailclinic.co.uk/

Here are the results;

                               


 2 WEEKS LATER
(After swimming, shopping and several drunken nights out!!)


Sorry about the rubbish pic!
  
I am so pleased with my 1st Shellac experience that I'll be booking in again, I think I'll go for French this time. If you haven't tried it yet I totally recommend you give it a try and I'm pretty sure you'll be converted too!

Jen 
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen I had it done yesterday too, locally at Beauty Link in Nutgrove. They've got an offer on at the moment only £7, normally £15. The only draw back was that they don't have much choice in terms of colour at the moment. I'm really happy with them so far, let's see how long they last! :D x Linz x (Steph's cousin :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Linz thats a bargain! I'm sure you'll be a total convert especially handy when u have kiddies. Was thinking of getting my own UV lamp and CND products next time I'm at the beauty wholesalers and having a go myself, I'd end up with bejeweled nails!! X

    ReplyDelete