Monday 23 May 2011

Hair Therapy... Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment

Guilty! On three counts of hair cruelty and neglect;
1. Over use of hairspray and other such products
2. Excessive use of G.H.D's, conical wand and curling tongs
3. The third and final most serious hair crime... Back combing my hair continuously till I actually travelled back in time to the 80's.
With my head and hair hanging in shame I retreated to the bathroom in an attempt to correct the error of my ways and give my barnett some much needed T.L.C.
Imagine my extreme delight to find that I had a brand new un-opened box of  'Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment',  a product that I have heard so much rave reviews on but never actually gotten around to trying.


The product packaging is unique and earthy looking, in its large pot and brown cardboard packaging. When the lid is unscrewed
hidden inside is a small wooden comb, which also has a double use as a scoop for the product.



I was using this product as a conditioning treatment, so following the directions I used a scoop, rubbed it between my palms till it melted into an oil and saturated all of my hair and scalp (this took 4 scoops as my hair is quite long) then left it for 20 minutes whilst I read OK Magazine in the bath! The smell of this product is something else... it reminded me of a smoky, buttery chocolate, but still I could not put into actual words a precise description other than dreamily gorgeous.
After the 20 minutes I washed the product out and shampoo & conditioned as normal, as I was feeling a little on the lazy side I toweled it off and let it dry naturally.
The following day my hair was still smelling gorgeous, was silky and felt a lot more healthy. On the downside, my roots felt greasy and my hair a lot more dense/heavy. This was probably necessary in the repair process, but I didn't like the feeling. Not to be put off, I've decided that next time I'll just apply it to the ends of my hair with a little less product.

Some further info from the Ojon website www.ojon.co.uk
Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment is a hair rejuvenator that helps hydrate and improve the condition of dry, damaged hair - without weighing it down. After just one treatment hair is extraordinarily soft, silky and manageable. Restorative Hair Treatment contains our highest concentration of pure Ojon® oil.
Clinical tests show :
  • A 52% improvement in the condition of very dry, damaged hair after just one use.
  • A 64% improvement when left on hair overnight.
Ritual: Apply to dry hair for best results. Scoop ½ teaspoon into the palm of your hand; warm by rubbing between your hands until it becomes an oil. Distribute from scalp to hair ends until hair is fully saturated. Massage 1-2 minutes to stimulate hair follicles and scalp while allowing oil to penetrate. Comb hair thoroughly to ensure all strands are completely saturated; leave for 20 minutes or longer.
Tip: For very dry or dehydrated hair, apply gentle heat from a hairdryer for 5 minutes and leave Ojon® in overnight by placing a towel over your pillowcase or by wearing a shower cap over your hair.

Jen
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment