Wednesday 20 July 2011

Mini MAC Haul



 My latest little splurge at MAC was on the small side but still rather successful. I took a quick look at the Semi Precious collection which I found was really pretty and 'grown up', but the only thing that really wow'd me were their new split fibre brushes.
I picked up the 128 Split Fibre Cheek Brush (RRP £24.00)


It's a combination of both synthetic and natural fibres, which is super soft for application of blush with a natural blended look. I heart it already as it will be fab for travel as its like two amazing brushes in one!

My next item was a perfect match to my gorgeous new brush... Powder blush in 'Fleur Power' (RRP £17.00) 


I opted against a pro palette pan refill as I wanted an everyday blush to chuck into a small make-up bag for on-the-go application just for myself. The assistant in store was really helpful and suggested this shade for me and I was pleased with the colour pay off as sometimes I struggle to get a nice shade for my skin tone.

Lookin' flush!

One of my biggest regrets on my wedding day was not having this next item in my pearl clutch! No matter what oil/shine free products or powders I use I always end up with a big shiny face and it REALLY bugs me. I picked up these blot film sheets (RRP £10.50) They are super sized an you get 30 in the pack. If I didn't get discount I'm not sure I would have initially paid £10.50 for them, however I have found them pretty amazing so they were worth every penny. I think I'll buy a range of blotting sheets and do a little comparison for a future blog, perhaps I'll find a cheaper alternative.



OIL BE GONE!!




My final product is new from the 'Sized to go' collection and is sooo cute...




Pro eye make up remover in a handy 30ml travel size container (RRP £7.00), ready to chuck in my make-up bag or take on board a flight. They have also created lots of other mini's of your favourite MAC skincare products including Fix+, Cleanse off oil, Demi wipes, Strobe cream and Oil control lotion. They are really convenient in a hurry and also so you can trial them before you commit to a full size and get stuck with a product that you don't like or causes a break out. I asked in store and was also told that these items count in their Back2Mac scheme, which is extra good news!! On a value rating however you are losing out as a 100ml size of this item is £13.50 so that's a loss of  approx. 40mls of product to £s, if you are into saving cash you could always purchase the larger bottle (if you love the product!) and de-canter into a smaller bottle. Personally I like the convenience and I will save my mini bottle when I'm done as it will be labelled for future use. I think I'll be picking up the Fix+ next time as it's always a pain taking the full size on holiday or to festivals.

What do you think of the new collections, are you loving or loathing?
Jen xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment