Sunday 27 February 2011

My new makeup station

I have been purchasing way too much makeup recently and felt that it was time to give my cherished items a deserving home, so I went on the prowl for a dressing table. Due to the fact that I had gone a little crazy buying makeup my budget for the dresser as somewhat tight... cue the trip to Ikea!
I looked at a couple of nice dressers/desks but they were not quite what I was looking for, until I came across the LACK floating shelf! It cost just £10 and teamed with a mirror and pink chair it does the job. I'm feeling pretty darn pleased with my own DIY solution as it certainly hasn't broke the bank and is looking rather sleek! I also bought strip lights which will give it the Broadway look, but stupidly I didn't realise they needed wiring into the wall. Lucky for me the hubby has promised to wire them to a lamp cable so that they simply plug in. I will post a new picture when it is all complete, but in the mean time here's a sneak peak...

No comments:

Post a Comment