Sunday 10 April 2011

Sinus Solutions: Sterimar Nasal Spray

Hay fever season is well and truly upon us and I have one little recommendation for anybody that suffers with their sinuses like me and it is a 100% natural solution.



I am one of the unlucky ones who suffers all year round as I have dust allergies too, and I have tried anti-histamines, decongestants and very often need anti-biotic's when the little suckers become infected, which I can tell you now is very unpleasant as it can give you flu like symptoms.

You have four pairs of sinuses located in your cheeks, forehead, on both sides of your cheeks behind and between the eyes and at the back of the nasal cavity. They are air filled spaces in the bones of your head and face which are lined with a mucous. Its these 'spaces' that can become blocked and infected when particles like dust get trapped here (gross I know!). I know when my sinuses are causing me issues as my face can feel tender to the touch, I will have a headache, body aches and fever.

As this is becoming a regular issue due to my line of work, I decided to take the plunge and try a nasal spray. I hate the idea of spraying something up my nose but desperate times call for desperate measures! Now there are plenty of nasal decongestants but these are only useful for when you already have issues and can only be used for a few days as they can cause rebound congestion, which pretty much defeats the object.

Rather than wait for the problem arise I have discovered the Sterimar Isotonic Nasal Hygiene spray! It is a pure sea water spray, is drug free and contains no preservatives. If you use it on a regular basis it helps to clear your nasal cavity, therefore preventing build up in the sinuses and also helping with other allergies and colds.



I found it rather disgusting and difficult to use at first as the spray nozzle was tough to press, but with perseverance it's really easy to use and has worked a treat... no congestion or sinusitis for me!

The good news is that because its 100% natural its safe during pregnancy and for babies. I highly recommend giving it a try and see if it could help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment